Martyn Lloyd
Martyn Lloyd,
Experience:  Owner/Partner at Bargain Box
99457030

My vacuum, serial number DIG UK MAA2811A was switching off

Customer Question

My vacuum, serial number DIG UK MAA2811A was switching off during use despite being fully charged. A phone call to Dyson was mad at a dealership and the result was a new battery sent to me for self fitting. I have tried to fit it but the red switch extension is displaced and although the battery goes’home’ the switch remains flush with the casing. I am an engineer and am convinced that in some way the switch is displaced. The original feel of the switch felt ‘soft’ Help
JA: How old is your Dyson vacuum?
Customer: July 2019
JA: How long has this been going on with your Dyson vacuum? What have you tried so far?
Customer: about 3 weeks before taking it to the dealer. I have done nothing other than attempt to fit the new battery.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Only divorce mediation if you don’t resolve it,
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 19 days ago.

Expert:  Martyn Lloyd replied 19 days ago.

Hi, I am Martyn, welcome to JustAnswer, I am sorry you are having these issues today, I am happy to try and help you get this resolved if I can.

Can you please advise the model

Expert:  Martyn Lloyd replied 15 days ago.

Just a quick follow-up as I have not heard from you for a while.

Anything more to report or add ?

I assume all is well now, as there was no update

I would recommend you get in touch with the supplier and send a photo to show the situation and seek guidance... while unlikely, they may have sent the incorrect part

Please get back to me if you have any other questions or concerns and I will try to help you more.

Best Wishes

Martyn