James
James, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

Washing remains soaking wet after spinning, W/mfg651puk.

Customer Question

Washing remains soaking wet after spinning
JA: What's the brand and model of your appliance? How old is it?
Customer: W/mfg651puk. Hotpoint. Age approx 8 years
JA: How long has this been going on with your Hotpoint appliance? What have you tried so far?
Customer: About a week it doesn’t sound right and it sounds like it’s filling with water and then it doesn’t wash drum remains still so I have been trying small loads but no good
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: When I put in a load to wash it takes on the water in a different way it does it in short bursts and then I get this clonking sound like its trying to start but it doesn’t so now I have piles of washing that I have had to remove from the machine would be great full if you could help
Expert:  James replied 20 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
This is James, I'm an appliance repair technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today

Sorry to hear your appliance is having issues, please stand by while I find the answer for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.
Have you checked the drain filter

Expert:  James replied 20 days ago.

Without the information requested I can only provide generic advice at this stage, but happy to elaborate once you provide the addition info.
For now I hope you may find this initial guidance useful.

In most cases if wet after spinning the appliance is not pumping out, so clean out the drain filter and run another spin.

If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to ask them!
My goal is to offer you the best possible experience!
If you need further assistance, please use the answer box below and let me know. It has been a pleasure to be of service to you!