James
James, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

The ice paddle for my Samsung American type fridge has

Customer Question

The ice paddle for my Samsung American type fridge has snapped off. I have bought a replacement, an I replace it myself?
JA: What Samsung product do you have?
Customer: It's a Samsung American style fridge/freezer Model RSH1DTMH1/XEU
JA: What have you tried so far with your Samsung product?
Customer: I removed one screw which I though would release the plastic cover but it hasn't worked
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thanks
Expert:  James replied 16 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
This is James, I'm an appliance repair technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today

Sorry to hear your appliance is having issues, please stand by while I find the answer for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.
To confirm its paddle which covers the shoot which your looking to replace?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
The lever that is immediately visible snapped off so I have ordered and received a replacement which incorporates the lever and the 'levers' which I assume fit behind the illuminated panel
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I'm just about to do an online Bridge class so I will look at your reply later. If it seems complicated I will then opt for a phone call.
Expert:  James replied 16 days ago.

Correct the panel comes away there are a couple of screws normally on the underside which secure it in place and then the entire void in the door comes away for you to then get to the rear where you can refit it and the spring mechanism.

They all fit in the same way, you may find the video here useful.

If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to ask them!
My goal is to offer you the best possible experience!
If you need further assistance, please use the answer box below and let me know. It has been a pleasure to be of service to you!