Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Iam ma, I am reconnecting wiring to the motor terminal block

Customer Question

Hi.Iam ma
JA: What's the brand and model of your appliance? How old is it?
Customer: Hi. I am reconnecting wiring to the motor terminal block on a Lamona Cooker Hood. It was taken apart but some of the wires are still not connected. I would like to know where the 1.5m farad capacitor is connected. I think the hood is made by Lamona, as the 80 watt motor & 3 speed motor controller coincide with the online spares suppliers I don't know the model as it was installed when I bought the property 8 years ago. Bill
JA: The Electrician can help you find the model number for your wiring; I'll connect you shortly. Do you have a multimeter or voltage tester? What colors are the wires?
Customer: Motor wires. Blue. Red. Black. Orange. White Brown. Yes I do have a multimeter
JA: What have you tried so far with your wiring?
Customer: Blue .Red . Black. are in the correct position for both Motor & 3 speed controller. The remaining wlres from the speed controller are .Purple. Brown White. Capacitior has Brown & Blue wires.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No Thanks. I would just like to know the correct 6 way motor terminal block wiring.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Daniel replied 14 days ago.

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer.

Sorry to hear you are having trouble with your cooker hood. Lets see if i can help you on this.

Can you post the model number of the hood then i can see if it can get the wiring diagram for this.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Hi Daniel.
I have contacted a CNA trading helpline.
They have mailed me an installation & spares books. But they don't show the motor 6 way terminal block wiring details.
The Hood ia a Designair CHK 60 SS . They are sold by B & Q.
Bill.
Expert:  Daniel replied 14 days ago.

Ok this is a Cata brand and getting service manuals from there in near impossible.

If it was Lamona i can get most service info on these.

Im afraid i will need to opt out on this as i know i wont be able to get the wiring diagram for this, Sorry.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
OK
Expert:  TetyanaP-admin replied 12 days ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Tetyana-moderator
Expert:  AlinaK-admin replied 8 days ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Alina-Moderator