James
James, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have sourced a new heating element for my Belling Fan

Customer Question

Hi .... I have sourced a new heating element for my Belling Fan oven. The part I ordered was specifically listed as being suitable for my oven model no. Now I am disconnecting the old element ... the wire attachments are confusing me and I cannot seem to get the wires off the old element. Can you help? I can send pictures
JA: Do you know the model of your Belling oven? How old is it?
Customer: Yes I do it's XOU60FSS
JA: How long has this been going on with your Belling oven? What have you tried so far?
Customer: As stated in the first message I am replacing the heating element
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
Expert:  James replied 19 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
This is James, I'm an appliance repair technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today

The wires should be connected by push fit spade terminals, are you not seeing spade terminals on the rear of the element?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
No I don't think the are ... should I send a pic? The ends on the old terminal look different to the new part I have
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I can't pay 16 pound for a call
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Hello?
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Shocking service!! Asked for 16 pound for a phone call then left me to it. I will be reviewing !!!!
Expert:  James replied 19 days ago.

This is not an immediate service I am afraid, it can take time for experts to respond, as they will need time to go away and look into the fault, but we do try and respond as soon as possible.

Offers for calls are just automated adverts, you can discard them if you are happy for a typed response (and do not want to pay the additional fee). However it can take time for experts to respond, please be patient and an expert will respond as soon as possible.

The ends of the element take spade terminals some times you get multiple spades on each side of the terminal but that need not matter, if your not familiar with appliance repairs your best option is to get a profession out, these repairs are not generally suitable as a DIY without an basic understanding of how the appliance functions.

You may find the video here useful if still determined to do this yourself.

If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to ask them!
My goal is to offer you the best possible experience!
If you need further assistance, please use the answer box below and let me know. It has been a pleasure to be of service to you!

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Well the length of time for your reply was excessive. Thanks for your sarcastic advice but I managed to make the repair myself without using your video or a professional.
Expert:  James replied 18 days ago.

Glad you solved the issue, have a good evening.