James
James, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

Went to go on my treadmill, after about 3 min it just

Customer Question

Went to go on my treadmill, after about 3 min it just stopped?, didn’t touch it again, until today, then stopped completely tried to move
JA: What's the brand and model of your appliance? How old is it?
Customer: It’s a power trek TX 2000
JA: How long has this been going on? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just happened yesterday? First time it’s happened
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: That’s all I can tell you. I bought it second hand, about 2 yrs ago, done no maintenance on it because I didn’t get a handbook, and was my first? So I wouldn’t know what to do??
Expert:  James replied 20 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
This is James, I'm an appliance repair technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today

Sorry to hear your appliance is having issues, please stand by while I find the answer for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.
Is there any sign of life on the control panel?

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
it’s all lighting up? Just does want to start up?.
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Just doesn’t want to start up.
Expert:  James replied 20 days ago.

Start by checking all the connections are correctly seated between the base and the control panel, however most likely this is pointing to a fault on the main PCB, at which point you need to strip it right down and view the status light shown.

This is really not suitable as a DIY repair since you end up damaging the belt tension you could cause harm to yourself when using it should the belt fail, so would get engineer out to give it a service.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Ok will do thankyou.