James
James, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have has my hoover upright for about 5 weeks. I want to

Customer Question

I have has my hoover upright for about 5 weeks. I want to wash the filter but cannot get the mesh cover off. I looks like it might have gone on a bit crooked. Can you advise.
JA: Do you know the model of your Hoover appliance?
Customer: TH31 BO02001- 39100489
JA: How long has this been going on with your Hoover appliance? What have you tried so far?
Customer: First time to wash the filter. Can't get the mesh cover off.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: What do you mean. The hoover is working fine but the filter needs to be cleaned.
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: You are meant to pull the mesh cover off of the filter and it won't move.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I cannot send photos. I have the model number. TH31 BO02001-39100489
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Can you help me.?
Expert:  James replied 15 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
This is James, I'm an appliance repair technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today

Sorry to hear your appliance is having issues, please stand by while I find the answer for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.
To confirm the mesh filter in the waste container shown in the video here will not twist any clockwise and come away form the card filter?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I have just watched the video and my filter mesh will come off as the one in the film. I seems to be jammed on.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
It is only 5 weeks old and if I force the nesh off and it breaks I will be without a vacuum cleaner and possibly Hoover might say I broke it by forcing it. I have just tried again to get it of of the filter and it will not come off.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I have just tried again and it has moved but seems crooked and doesn't want go any further.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I think I have already said that I cannot get the mesh off of the filter. I have just managed to move it down a bit but it is stuck again.It seems crooked.
Expert:  James replied 15 days ago.

I understand that the mesh has seized, there is no other way to remove it other than forcing it, you could try and use some lubricant such as WD40 and rock the fitting clockwise and anti clockwise to work it free, but in reality if its come off the thread it just brute force, since its only friction holding it in place, and really a poor design.

However if it helps to settle your concern if you break the filter you will have to buy a replacement you can contact the warranty line on 0344(###) ###-####/a> explain the situation and then try on the phone and if the top does snap they can order a new one for you.

If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to ask them!
My goal is to offer you the best possible experience!
If you need further assistance, please use the answer box below and let me know. It has been a pleasure to be of service to you!

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Ok. So I managed to get the mesh cover off. Now it won't go on again. Fed up with this. I know you are trying to help me but now I don't have a working Hoover vacuum cleaner. And dust on the carpet.!
Expert:  James replied 15 days ago.

As mentioned above its a poor design, watch the video again and try and make sure the filter is aligned some customers find it easier to push it on and then give it a tape on a table to lock it in.

Where it will still not go on its likely where its been pulled off the plastic has changed shape a little and so causing issue, at which point contact the warranty team and they will send you a replacement.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I have not been able to get hold of anyone. Not by e mail, message , And when I finally got an answer on the phone I had been waiting at least half hour possibly a lot more, Very bad customer service. And now I will have to get my old cylinder out of the garage whilst I wait in hope for a new filter or mesh or both. I am a pensioner with no one to ask on a daily basis. Have to wait for help and its very frustrating. So thank you for your help but I think Hoover need to get their act together. I thank you for your help. The only thing that I think will solve this is another filter and mesh that fit each other. So the problem goes on. Take care and thankyou.