James
James, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

Where is the rating plate on an oven? Electric. I moved into

Customer Question

Where is the rating plate on an oven?
JA: Is your oven gas or electric? How old is it?
Customer: Electric. I moved into a new build in August 2019 but don't know when the oven was fitted.
JA: The Appliance Technician can walk you through this; I'll connect you shortly. How long has this been going on with your oven? What have you tried so far?
Customer: You don't know what is going on yet!! When I am using fan, the temperature doesn't function or the light doesn't function to show that the heat is increasing
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I presume thought the manual doesn't say so the model no is BEk351011M
Expert:  James replied 20 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
This is James, I'm an appliance repair technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today

Sorry to hear your appliance is having issues, please stand by while I find the answer for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.
To confirm your not getting any heat when on fan oven?

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Well, there is a little heat but normally when you turn on an oven to let us say 150, after a few minutes you can turn back to below 50 and see that it is heating up but the light when on the fan dial, never goes out to indicate the correct temperature has been reached
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
No thanks. This is a complete gimmick and I would like my money back
Expert:  James replied 20 days ago.

Ok where the call for heat light stays on but your not getting any heat past 50 degrees it suggests there may be a fault with the thermal fuse located in the rear of the oven, so you would need to pull the oven out and remove the rear panel.

The easiest way to test this is using a multi meter and check continuity across the thermal fuse, and also check you start by getting 230v to the element and then after the temp starts to increase in the oven you no longer get power to the element but the call for heat remains illuminated.

If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to ask them!
My goal is to offer you the best possible experience!
If you need further assistance, please use the answer box below and let me know. It has been a pleasure to be of service to you!