Erdal Zal
Erdal Zal,
106347225

Ive got a Bosch dishwasher with an E09 error code. I’ve

Customer Question

Hi there,
JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: ive got a Bosch dishwasher with an E09 error code. I’ve since replaced the heater pump and the error code has gone but now receiving any hot water? Can you help?
JA: What happened just before your Bosch dishwasher displayed this message?
Customer: It was running normally and then one day started to trip our electric
JA: How long has this been going on with your Bosch dishwasher? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It happened for about a week or so before then stopping using it until I replaced the heater pump and checked the reservoir underneath. The reservoir was wet but now dry. The heater pump isn’t running hot water.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not really. The hot water issue is the main thing. After taking the old heater out it was a little wet underneath.
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 15 days ago.

Good Afternoon

Welcome to JustAnswer and thank you for your question. My name is***** am an expert from Germany and have been working as an equipment technician for 19 years. I work with a language translation program and I would be very grateful for your understanding.

The telephone service is provided automatically by the system, you only have to accept it when you need it.

Unfortunately, I cannot make a call, but another expert can do it for you if you wish. I will try to help you as best I can via chat.

I'm sorry you faced this problem!

It is possible that the control board does not react. However, it can also be the case that too little water enters the device, then the heating does not work either. Please test this once: turn on a program and let it start. After 5-10 minutes later, open the door and add 1 to 2 liters of water. Then close the door and let the program run to the end. Please check at the end whether the water has become warm.

Please do not hesitate to continue this topic if you have any further questions. I would be very happy to help you!

Sincerely yours,
Erdal

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Hi There,
I’ve now tried two washes and to no avail.
Do you have any other ideas. I did see a video saying about the control panel capacitor. I haven’t yet tried this out.
Upon looking underneath the dishwasher at the salt container there was salt but behind in what looks like a waste container, it looks coated with an orange oily film.
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 15 days ago.

Okay if this was not successful then the control board may not control the power supply to the heater. I would advise you to check the whole cable connection between the heater and the control board. The cable has to be measured with a multimeter to see if the continuity is there. It is possible that the sockets have no more contact due to water.

Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 15 days ago.

If you need more information you can ask me questions. I am always available for you. I want you to be satisfied.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Can you do a step by step for me to understand where I’m looking and what I’m looking for? I’m not entirely sure how to use a multimeter but can work it out.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
It’s an ecosilence model.
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 15 days ago.

You only need to check the connection cables between the heater and the parking space rail. With a multimeter you have to check the continuity of the cable.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
With the power on?
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 15 days ago.

Of course not. You have to remove the cable between the heater and the control board and measure the continuity with a multimeter. There are professional people working here where you also need experience. If I explain to him now the steps what has to be done, how to check the cables and all other activities, I can write him at least 20-30 pages of information. You must know how to use a multimeter and how to check the continuity.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I’ll figure it out.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Thank you for your help so far.
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 15 days ago.

Please

Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 15 days ago.

Okay as said check the cable and the piece of connection is not wet when the plug is between the heater and the control board. Dry it a little bit if necessary. And when you have checked everything you can now close everything again and switch it on and try again.

Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 15 days ago.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Underneath the dishwasher is bone dry.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
See photo
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Is this where you are talking about?
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 12 days ago.

OK then is not activated and the water supply is OK. Then really only the heater is left. It is possible that the heating effect is or is integrated with the circulation pump. It is possible that these things are defective. It has to be checked by a professional.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
The heater pump was replaced and is brand new. I’ve heard that the thermostat can go and these can be built inside the heater pump. Is that right? The other thing is that since putting the pump in the leaks have stopped and the error code has gone. Could it be a resistor on the control panel?
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Where did you want me to check the circuit for continuity?
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 12 days ago.

Normally the control board switches the control voltage to the heater as soon as the water level is ok. It is possible that the control board does not react or does not switch. It is very difficult and complicated to find out. Usually when a technician comes either he has a special measuring device where he can measure under voltage. Or we simply change the control board and test it again.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Could there be a blockage
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Is the control board the white box?
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
If I add boiling hot water to the wash do you think that would clear any blockage if there was one?
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 12 days ago.

Yes, the water bag they showed me a photo of does not look good. That must be cleaned again. Yes the plastic box with the board then all the cables go in that is the main board.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
How do I access and clean that? Flushing with a wash
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
could that cause the machine to cut the heater out?
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 12 days ago.

You have to borrow the whole water bag which is very complicated and rinse it. Yes, if the water level is not enough or cannot circulate quickly, the heating is not working.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I’ve put it on
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
It all seems to function mechanically with no leaks. Should the heater pump be warm?
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 12 days ago.

Yes, normally it should work. But I have to check all the cable connection and plugs should check between the heater and the control board. Have you already enjoyed the continuity of the cables?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I’ve just added around 2 litres during the wash and the error code E15 can up to check water? Am I right I’m assuming the water level is therefore too high?
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 12 days ago.

Yes but the error message E15 means that there is a leak somewhere. This is how water got at the bottom. Or the inlet valve is not working properly. Normally this error message should not appear as long as it is tight. It is really possible that the control board is not working properly.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I can now see water at bottom of the tray wear the heater pump is
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 12 days ago.

Okay then you have not installed the heater correctly or the seal is not in order. Please switch off the power and try to install the heater correctly so that it remains tight.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Ok
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 12 days ago.

Please make everything nice and quiet. If you have mounted everything again then you can try again. You can write us a message again afterwards.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
If the earth wire is grubby, would that make any difference
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 12 days ago.

One cannot rule it out. It is possible that it leads to faulty short circuits or contacts. You better clean it up.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I’ve put the heater back on and with a new clip to clamp it on. I can’t see any further leaks. When feeling the door or around the side panels they are still cold??
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 12 days ago.

Okay if it stays cold like I said we have to keep looking. I had asked them several times if they had checked the cables and plugs with a multimeter to see if they were connected.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
All cables going to the control board look fine. I’m not sure how to check the current with a multimeter. Going from what the initial problem was I seem that the error e09 code has gone which is good and clearly something with the heater. The only issue we have is the hot water.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I believe it’s getting enough water in the bottom. How deep does it need to be? It’s lining the base at the moment.
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 12 days ago.

If the device works by itself and starts washing, there is probably enough water in the device. So it becomes difficult if you do not measure with a multimeter whether the cable connection is OK. It could also be that the cable connection broke where the heating also broke. But it can also be that the control board at the connection point of the heating control area is also not in order. As I said, it will be very complicated for both of us.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Just feeling the side and back panel they now feel warm. That’s a good sign. The front door is still cold.
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 12 days ago.

That sounds very good, of course, when the side walls get warm. Please wait until the program ends. Don't stop it, just let it finish.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Ok, will do.
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 12 days ago.

Ok

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I’ve finished the wash and it was slightly warm. No hot steam coming out like normal?
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 12 days ago.

It may be that the control circuit board is not permanently heated. Or it can be that the thermostat sends incorrect values ​​to the control board. One of the two things could still be defective.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Ok, I suppose the only way to do this is test the circuit?
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 12 days ago.

I would recommend you to test the device again. Switch to another program and try to start again. And at the end check again whether the heating has gotten more warm this time or not.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I’ve let it run a couple of times but not fully heating.
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 8 days ago.

It is possible that the heating is no longer heating well in terms of wear and age.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
are you suggesting there is nothing I can do?
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 8 days ago.

It must normally be checked professionally and the heater must be replaced. And usually the flushing pump is integrated in the heater. It is really not easy to determine. Even if the technicians come and have such an assumption, the first thing you do is build a new heater and test it.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Testing the continuity of the heater. It is a brand new heater pump so would expect it to work.
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
I have tested the heater and it measures 20ohms which I believe is what it should be. Are there any other things you need me to measure?
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 3 days ago.

It may not be switched by the control board. Can you check if the power supply reaches the heater when you start it? Of course you have to be very careful because you have to measure it under power.