Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I'm having problems getting my gas rings to stay alight, the

Customer Question

I'm having problems getting my gas rings to stay alight, the gas seems to cut out. My Gas Hob is 20 plus years, does it sound beyond repair?
JA: What's the brand and model of your product?
Customer: It's a Bosch electric oven and gas hob, the hob is HBN43B250B, now I've found the documentation it's only 10 years old
JA: What have you tried so far with your Bosch product?
Customer: The only thing I've tried is to light it with a match, but the gas doesn't seem to come through.
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just if any spares would be available for a model of this age.
Expert:  Daniel replied 18 days ago.

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer.

Sorry to hear you are having trouble with your hob. Lets see if i can help you on this.

If the rings light but then go out once you let go of the knob then this is usually down to the thermocouple.

This is the sensor probe in there and when this happens the thermocouple will need to be replaced.

Now given its 20 years old they may be obsolete. But the model number you posted is for an oven and not a hob so i havent been able to check for you.

If you can post the model of the hob and let me know which rings are fault i can check for you if you can still get the thermocouples.