Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a whirlpool K40 that has been off for 2 weeks, now it

Customer Question

Hi, I have a whirlpool K40 that has been off for 2 weeks, now it has restarted it is not producing ice - any ideas on how to resolve. Thanks
JA: How long has this been going on with your Whirlpool appliance? What have you tried so far?
Customer: it was switched back on 24 hrs ago and has not produced ice - however I do believe that both the blue and green buttons were on
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Nothing apart from I am not used to these machines
Customer: Nothing apart from I am not used to these machines
Expert:  Daniel replied 21 days ago.

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer.

Sorry to hear you are having trouble with your ice maker. Lets see if i can help you on this.

If the water is connected to it and its turned on fine then the most common thing to stop it making ice is the evaporator thermostat.

Theres 2 thermostats in there as you have the ice bin thermostat and then the evaporator thermostat. This is the thermostat you turn at the back to alter the ice thickness cubes.

But this isnt an easy part to replace as the thermostat capilery goes to the underside of the evaporator plate and getting to the screw is very difficult.

But if you are looking at fixing yourself then the first thing to check is the evaporator thermostat on this.