KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  18+ years experience as Appliance Tech.
70193065

We have a CDA gas range cooker on lpg. Only 2 years old but

Customer Question

We have a CDA gas range cooker on lpg. Only 2 years old but have never successfully been able to use either oven due to excessive temperature. Have purchased oven thermometer and when on lowest setting 0f 130deg the oven temp goes over 200deg.
JA: What's the brand and model of your range?
Customer: CDA - will need to get back with model number.
JA: How long has this been going on with your range? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It has been a problem since new. Have avoided using ovens for baking and have resorted to a table top electric. Can only do things like roasts that need a high temp and then have to be careful about burning.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not really - we should have contacted CDA whilst it was still in warranty! As it was new and we were new to lpg gas oven we just kept trying.
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 19 days ago.

Good morning,

Welcome to justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you today.

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your appliance.

I understand that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can resolve this as quickly as possible.

To help me better assist you, please provide its complete model number (from the label/rating plate located inside the door).

You may see automated adverts for phone support sent by website.

I am afraid, I am not available for phone call and another expert may be able to call you however, we can continue via chat.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Currently trying to establish appliance ser number. Cannot find id plate on either doors or back of appliance. Fairly sure we initially registered it with CDA so waiting to contact them.

OK, no problem, I understand.

Without the information requested in my first/previous response, I can only give you a general answer, but I hope this helps.

I am afraid, this indicates an issue with the oven temperature sensor (thermostat) that is faulty and will need replacement.

When this is faulty oven suffers from uneven cooking or will not heat at all.

As this is a gas appliance, it is recommended that repair is carried out by gas safe engineer.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service.

If you have any follow-up questions, please do not hesitate to ask!

I hope you enjoyed your experience with justanswer.com today.

It has been a pleasure to assist you, have a wonderful day.