James
James, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have a Bosch VarioPerfect washing machine. The code CL

Customer Question

Hi I have a Bosch VarioPerfect washing machine. The code CL keeps coming up - the short wash of 15 mins is only one that will come up but when I press the button to start it goes to CL also. What do I do?
JA: Is your Bosch washer top or front loading? How old is it?
Customer: It is front loading and approximately 5 years old
JA: How long has this been going on with your Bosch washer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I only noticed this morning - it was fine at the weekend. I just switched it off at the mains and plugged it out but still the same
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I have lime in the water but have used the Calgon tablets in it every single wash once that started (the mains source was changed and I started Calgon straight away) I even just do a through wash with calgon tablets every now and again
Expert:  James replied 15 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
This is James, I'm an appliance repair technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today

Sorry to hear your appliance is having issues, please stand by while I find the answer for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.
What is the ENR number shown of the washer, this is found on the inside of the door?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Hi James can you help me?
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
There is no ENR number inside the door
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Would it be in another location
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Is this it W63288S0GB ? My daughter found it on a sticker on the outside of the door>
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Actually nobody answered my query...don't think much of your service
Expert:  James replied 13 days ago.

This is not an immediate service I am afraid, it can take time for experts to respond, as they will need time to go away and look into the fault, but we do try and respond as soon as possible.

I can confirm the ENR would look similar to W63288S0GB but appears to be invalid according to Bosch.

However in general CL means child lock, you can disable this feature normally by pressing and holding the start button for 5 seconds, if that does not work locate the two buttons which have either a padlock or key icon under them and press the two of the together for 5 seconds, after which CL should no longer be displayed and the machine should work as normal.

If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to ask them!
My goal is to offer you the best possible experience!
If you need further assistance, please use the answer box below and let me know. It has been a pleasure to be of service to you!