Darran Wilkins
Darran Wilkins ,
Experience:  dasdasd
108849247

We have a tall Teka integrated freezer. A few days ago it

Customer Question

We have a tall Teka integrated freezer. A few days ago it was making a louder than normal noise and sort of whirring. I emptied it cleaned it out and switched it on. The noise has now gone and it is very quiet but seems to be running all the time and freezer thermometer shows it going no higher than -15 and sometimes drops till -11. It is 8 years old
JA: Do you know the model of your Teka freezer?
Customer: it says on the handbook TG12 200NF
JA: How long has this been going on with your Teka freezer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: this has only happened in the last three days but I do think it has been running more recently. so far all we have done is switched it off / cleaned it and switched on again.there was some ice at the very bottom which we have never had before . When we switched it on I left it empty ( apart from ice cubes ) but it took several hours to cool down and overnight for the cubes to freeze. We have got it running on setting 4
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: i really don’t know. This was a replacement freezer under warranty 8 years ago and at the time the engineer set the reason it was replaced was because they couldn’t get parts. I have a small freezer on standby but don’t know what this fault is and whether we should replace it
Expert:  Darran Wilkins replied 20 days ago.
Hi guys I'm darran I'm a domestic engineer and refrigerator engineer
It sounds like you have had an ice build up this in turn effects the fan and it can make a as you said there wS ice at the bottom It would suggest an issue with the drain hole.
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
I have checked the freezer and it doesn’t seem to have a drain hole ?
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
I would prefer to do it this way please
Now several things can cause this issue as its built in and a few yrs old. At the rear were the compressor and evaporation tray is dust collects and can cause this issue.
Also just over time the drain hole can become locked so water over spill to the floor and it ices over. Defrost as you have done is first thing also check all seals are OK. The appliance will take 24hrs approx to get down to working temp. But if after it is still warm ie not getting to minus 18 I would replace the thermostat and test the defrost circuit
Guys hope this helps regards darran
The drain hole is behind the back covers. It's not visible. Guys
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Your more than welcome darran