James
James, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

My Hotpoint dryer was bought last December2019. It conked

Customer Question

My Hotpoint dryer was bought last December2019. It conked out and was repaired 23rd Sept _ the belt had broken. Now it has stopped working again - just making clonking noises. My husband has dementia, I have piles of washing ....help!!
JA: How old is your Hotpoint dryer? Is it level with the floor?
Customer: As I said, not a year old yet. Yes it's level.
JA: How long has this been going on with your Hotpoint dryer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: If you read my first message, it was repaired in September, and has just failed again this morning.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No - please just send someone to repair it.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Please cancel my trial
Expert:  James replied 15 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
This is James, I'm an appliance repair technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today

Sorry to hear your appliance is having issues, please stand by while I find the answer for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.
What is the model number of your appliance?

Expert:  James replied 15 days ago.

Without the information requested I can only provide generic advice at this stage, but happy to elaborate once you provide the addition info.
For now I hope you may find this initial guidance useful.

This most likely cause of a clonking noise is the belt having broken again or the drum not rotating evenly. This is a hardware fault and would need an engineer to attend, you may wish to consider a fixed price repair such as here.

If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to ask them!
My goal is to offer you the best possible experience!
If you need further assistance, please use the answer box below and let me know. It has been a pleasure to be of service to you!