Tim Cooke
Tim Cooke,
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
106972271

Unidare WMX706 Element. refitting. UNIDARE-OLD. WMX706.

Unidare WMX706 Element. refitting.
JA: Who makes your appliance? How old is it?
Customer: UNIDARE-OLD. WMX706.
JA: How long has this been going on? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Element stopped working. Removed old element which was loose but did not notice the ceramic block with 2 screws. There is a block at rear of compartment with 4 screws at corners and a central retaining screw which electrical wires go into. Is this also the ceramic block but it does not line up with the element tails or is there another ceramic block with 2 screws? on this single element model?. Perhaps I need to push down more to get the tails of the element to fit firmly into place. Please advise.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No, I am a little confused by it.

Good afternoon, and welcome to the Technical section in JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will help you today.

I'm sorry to hear of the problem with your storage heater.

The element tails normally insert directly into the ceramic connection block, with the supply conductors daisy chained so that all elements are connected in parallel.

Could you attach a photo to show the part that is confusing you?

You've explained the issue perfectly, and...

I will just review your question and hopefully will be able to reply with the information you need. Please bear me with as it's quite busy here this afternoon.

So that I can give you accurate guidance, please let me know the make and exact model number of the

_____

There's no time pressure on this topic - it will stay open to you for many days, and you can reply at any time. I will be away from my desk sometimes, but will respond as soon as I can.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Hello Tim,
Having looked more closely at part i am convinced there are no screws on this part. The element seems just to slot in to the 2 holes in the top of the part. It is currently a rather loose fit but I applied a little more downward pressure on the element which did not secure it more tightly. I re-assembled the heater anyway as it was and reconnected. It appears to be working. If possible I would like you to confirm the above information is correct from the label information supplied below.
For you information from label it is a Unidare BEAB approved heater. Environmental Model WMX706. Mass 43kg. Voltage 240v. Hours on 7. Input 856w.6KWH. S0404. It was likely installed in 1997/8.Thanks.

OK, I'll do my best to locate the right drawing for this heater. It would help if you could attach a photo of the part concerned, to make sure we're talking about the same thing.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
The problem with photo is there is not anything to show apart from the 2 holes that the element fits into, The rest of the part is concealed by the metal? bar above and the cladding (asbestos?? I would not want to remove it anyway). I am satisfied there is no room for any screws. Just the part with 2 holes in top and the connectors you describe. As the heater is still working OK I now feel happy with the situation having confirmed original date of installation and accept that a design change since would account for the screws mentioned in current instructions. I will rate you as excellent. Thanks for your help.

Thank you for your rating, and your kind bonus :-)

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
No I have no more questions.