James
James, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

Te micro-wave in my Compct built in oven, Electric, 2years

Customer Question

te micro-wave in my Compct built in oven
JA: Is your oven gas or electric? How old is it?
Customer: Electric
JA: How long has this been going on with your oven? What have you tried so far?
Customer: 2years 10 months
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Prior to it stopping workiny it was sparking. the oven is working
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
E NOB/38
C17MS32
FD 9711
"NR 00443
20.01.18 installed
The microwave not working following sparking
The oven is working
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  James replied 20 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
This is James, I'm an appliance repair technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today

Sorry to hear your appliance is having issues, please stand by while I find the answer for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.
Where are you seeing the sparks when on microwave?

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
on the right-hand side ventilation grill above the oven door
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
not prepared to pay £16 for phone call
Expert:  James replied 20 days ago.

Offers for calls are just automated adverts, you can discard them if you are happy for a typed response (and do not want to pay the additional fee). However it can take time for experts to respond, please be patient and an expert will respond as soon as possible.

Sparks point to a faulty magnatron, the appliance is not safe to use as a microwave. You can source a replacement here for around £120, but taking into account the cost of the part you may wish to opt for a fixed price repair such as the one here.

If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to ask them!
My goal is to offer you the best possible experience!
If you need further assistance, please use the answer box below and let me know. It has been a pleasure to be of service to you!