James
James, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have a hot water tank that keeps shedding glutinous

Customer Question

I have a hot water tank that keeps shedding glutinous deposits into the distribution system and blocking my shower filters. this has been happening for years> is there a solution?
JA: What's the brand and model of your water tank?
Customer: Dont know it was here when we moved in 18 years ago
JA: The HVAC Technician can help you find the model number for your water tank; I'll connect you shortly. How long has this been going on with your water tank? What have you tried so far?
Customer: 18 years I clean the hot water shower filter about every month on average
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I getting older and find it more difficult to get into the roofspace to turn off the water each time!
Expert:  James replied 17 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
This is James, I'm an appliance repair technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today

Sorry to hear your appliance is having issues, please stand by while I find the answer for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.
Are you in a hard water area?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Don’t think so
Expert:  James replied 17 days ago.

Ok, its unlikely to be the thermostat, element or cylinder failing, gut view is it may be water from the header tank in your loft.

Start by going into the loft and see if there is any debris or sludge sitting in the tank and you may want to give that a good clean out.

If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to ask them!
My goal is to offer you the best possible experience!
If you need further assistance, please use the answer box below and let me know. It has been a pleasure to be of service to you!