James
James, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have a Blanco BT1000 which is leaking. We have already

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I have a Blanco BT1000 which is leaking. We have already replaced the cartridge - which I now think we may not have needed to - and it is still leaking. I have a Lip Seal on order but need to remove the Cartridge Containment Body, which is extremely tight. Do you have tips to getting this off?
JA: How old is your Blanco appliance?
Customer: 15 years
JA: How long has this been going on with your Blanco appliance? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have only just replaced the cartridge. It has been leaking for about 6 or 7 weeks
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Don't think so
Expert:  James replied 20 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
This is James, I'm an appliance repair technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today

Sorry to hear your appliance is having issues, please stand by while I find the answer for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.
Where are you seeing the water pooling?

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
at the base of the tap
Expert:  James replied 20 days ago.

Based on the fault it does sound like the seal is letting by, if when you removed the cartridge there was no sign of deposits you are probably right this didnt need to be changed out.

There isnt really a knack you just need to feel how much pressure you apply to prise it off, but based on the age of the tap I would suggest you just replace the entire tap, as its getting the end of its expected life.

If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to ask them!
My goal is to offer you the best possible experience!
If you need further assistance, please use the answer box below and let me know. It has been a pleasure to be of service to you!