Tamar D
Tamar D, Master Tradesman
Experience:  HVAC/Refrigeration & Appliance Tech
17066333

We have a 2 year old fridge freezer Lamona in our Housing

Customer Question

Hi We have a 2 year old fridge freezer Lamona in our Housing Assoc bungalow. Yesterday it began every few mins to give a shake and shudder which vibrated thru' floors. We switched it off at night just in case of fire or something and then on again in morning. We lost a few bits of food in freezer but fridge seems okay. Wev'e now given it a good clean out and it's now begun to start it's shiver and shake again. Any suggestions please? over
JA: What's the brand and model of your fridge?
Customer: Hold on please finding copy of invoice hold pse
JA: How long has this been going on with your refrigerator? What have you tried so far?
Customer: We have never been given a handbook on this machine is there one we can get
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: lan6250 product no.
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Are you still there please?
Expert:  Tamar D replied 20 days ago.
Hi, my name is***** am your personal HVAC/HI Expert on JustAnswer
I'm sorry to hear you'ore having issues with your equipment today.
I know first hand how frustrating that can be, if you give me a few moments I will provide a response to you on your issue.Please bear with my responses, there can sometimes be a small delay
Expert:  Tamar D replied 20 days ago.
Hope you are doing well today, is this a fridge freezer combo unit? Are the temperatures being maintained?
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
they are seem okay
Expert:  Tamar D replied 20 days ago.

That's good. Where does the noise seem to come from? what part of the unit?

Expert:  Tamar D replied 20 days ago.

where does the shaking seem to originate, near the bottom? a problem like this is normally going to be the compressor or a fan motor

Expert:  Tamar D replied 18 days ago.

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, based on the information you have provided I would like to give you a general answer to your question.
If this does not solve your problem or you need additional follow-ups please respond here with the information I requested and we can troubleshoot your problem further.

Shaking is generally due to the compressor or a fan motor going out.
Need more info though.