Tim Cooke
Tim Cooke,
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
106972271

My Hotpoint was fitted yesterday, and today I went to do

Customer Question

My Hotpoint was fitted yesterday, and today I went to do some light washing, I programmed it to a short wash..5 min later I heard an almighty bang and all the lights lit up...help..its now switched off but the door wont open..please advise..
JA: How old is your Hotpoint lighting?
Customer: Not sure
JA: How long has this been going on with your Hotpoint lighting? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing..its a reconditioned machine that I puchased..well reconditioned the insurance co. did a complete overall a month ago, just before I purchased it.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No..just needed the troubleshooting options..in case I can resurrect it.
Customer: replied 23 days ago.
How soon will I get a reply..
Expert:  Tim Cooke replied 23 days ago.

Good evening, and welcome to the Technical section in JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will help you today.

You can't fix a problem of this nature without tools and knowledge.

Given that it was reconditioned recently, there should be a warranty for that work. I would reject the machine and get a replacement or refund.
_____

There's no time pressure on this topic - it will stay open to you for many days, and you can reply at any time. I will be away from my desk sometimes, but will respond as soon as I can.

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
I bought it 2nd hand, it had just been serviced..the seller was moving into an already furnished place, so they had a full service recon done to sell it on...it came to me 10 min into first wash bang clatter..all lights came on had to battle to switch it off..we had to switch it off at the wall socket..when a burning smell was evident..where to from here he no longer is with the unsurance company but I know who they are.
Expert:  Tim Cooke replied 23 days ago.

I'm completely baffled by your description of the provenance of the appliance.

If you bought it secondhand privately then you have no comeback.

If you bought it from a dealer then it ought to have some kind of warranty.