Tim Cooke
Tim Cooke,
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
106972271

Hotpoint gas hob ignition not working, F100259, Fault today,

Hotpoint gas hob ignition not working
JA: Do you know the model of your Hotpoint hob? How old is it?
Customer: F100259
JA: How long has this been going on with your Hotpoint hob? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Fault today
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: all other electrics working Wif cleaned hob this morning not sparked since
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Is there a battery that works spark

Good afternoon, and welcome to the Technical section in JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will help you today.

This kind of issue crops up quite a lot, and invariably it's a question of letting the ignition system dry out. I recommend that you turn off the power to the hob and use a manual igniter (such as the one below) for a couple of days. In the meantime light each burner and boil some water in a saucepan so that the area around the burner gets nice and warm, to hasten the evaporation. You can also use a hairdryer to help it along.

https://www.screwfix.com/p/c-k-piezoelectric-gas-lighter/6227x

_____

There's no time pressure on this topic - it will stay open to you for many days, and you can reply at any time. I will be away from my desk sometimes, but will respond as soon as I can.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Ignition not working on Hotpoint gas hob
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Do not want live phone call would appreciate an answer to my question

Please see my post timed at 2:26pm.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Please contact me by email do not want phone contact

Yes I hear you - I am not calling, but unfortunately you've requested a call so any other expert might call you.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I am not paying £12 for a phone call so leave message to this affect

This is just the Technical Q&A service. To discuss your membership you need to contact Customer Services.