Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a New World built under oven. The door is failing to

I have a New World built under oven. The door is failing to close properly, leaving a gap at the top corner on the opening edge. I have removed the oven door to check the hinges (which were replaced in 2016 by an appliance engineer, whose business has since ceased trading) but unfortunately a plate which was behind the oven casing has fallen down inside the casing. I cannot access this plate and so I cannot correctly refit the oven door. I have considered unscrewing the front of the oven casing to retrieve and reattach this plate, but am concerned incase to do so would cause other problems or damage. Please can you advise me on what I can do to retrieve the plate.

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer.

Sorry to hear you are having trouble with your cooker. Lets see if i can help you on this.

If the hinge plate has dropped down inside the oven then the way to get it back into place is by removing the side panel.

Pull the oven out from under the unit and remove the side panel.

Once this is off you can retrieve the hinge plate from there and refit it.

Dont remove the front panel as this can cause the oven cavity to drop and cause a lot more problems.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Thank you for your advice Daniel. The oven is actually at our daughter's house, so we'll try this remedy tomorrow. My fingers are crossed!

No worries, Hopefully you can sort it from there.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Mission accomplished! We managed to pull the oven forward (sliding it forwards from its support which was fixed to the floor) just enough to open the side panel at the front edge, held it open using a screwdriver handle and reached inside to retrieve the hinge plate. Hinge plate was then successfully refitted, oven slid back into position, hinges reattached and, hey presto, the oven door now closes properly! Thank you for your helpful advise Daniel.