Erdal Zal
Erdal Zal,
106347225

We have a Zanussi built in grill and oven. When turning the

We have a Zanussi built in grill and oven. When turning the oven on, it either switches itself off after a few minutes or heats up so slowly as to be useless. It look over 2 hours to heat up a fish pie earlier this week.
JA: Is your Zanussi oven gas or electric?
Customer: It’s electric and meant to add the grill is working fine.
JA: How long has this been going on with your Zanussi oven? What have you tried so far?
Customer: noticed a reduction in temperature over a couple of weeks, a week ago it did cook a homemade pizza but it wasn’t properly hot. Then Sunday was when it really misbehaved. Open to suggestions what to try as the grill is working so not an electrical failure.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Did I say I think it might be 20 years old. Lock/timer hasn’t worked for years but we have just lived with that. Never had a service plan and this is the first time it has malfunctioned.

Good Morning

Welcome to JustAnswer and thank you for your question. My name is***** am an expert from Germany and have been working as an equipment technician for 19 years. I work with a language translation program and I would be very grateful for your understanding.

The telephone service is provided automatically by the system, you only have to accept it when you need it.

Unfortunately, I cannot make a call, but another expert can do it for you if you wish. I will try to help you as best I can via chat.

I'm sorry you faced this problem!

Normally when such an error occurs, the heating coil or the heating controller is usually no longer in order. It would have to be checked once whether the heating coil is OK. It may have to be replaced. Unfortunately it is not a malfunction that you can fix by simply pressing buttons. It must be professionally checked once and replaced if necessary.

Please do not hesitate to continue this topic if you have any further questions. I would be very happy to help you!

Sincerely yours,
Erdal

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Thank you for confirming what we suspected given the appliance's age. We always prefer to try and effect a repair before a replacement if at all possible so will not try to find a Zanussi engineer. Thank you.

Yes, but I wouldn't recommend him to really have the machine repaired either. It is very old. It might break other parts soon. It is better to invest your money in a new unit. For further information I am at your disposal. I want you to be satisfied.