Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My Electrolux cooker extractor fan has a yellow wire

Hi, My Electrolux cooker extractor fan has a yellow wire disconnected (lights would come on now & again). The yellow wire is connected to the light on off switch but I cant make out where other end connects to on a joiner. The joiner has L & N coming in one side & at the other end has a white & red together (connected to N) & L continues on to fan.
JA: How many switch wires are there, and what colors are they?
Customer: 2 grey connected together & the yellow one separate to the grey wires
JA: How long has this been going on with your lighting? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Lights would connect sometimes but more often didnt work. The yellow wire from switch has disconnected & trying to find out where to reconnect. Must have been loose
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No thanks. Just this query.

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer.

Sorry to hear you are having trouble with your hood. Lets see if i can help you on this.

Can you post the model number of the hood then i can see if i can get the wiring diagram for it.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Hi Daniel, Query went in at 1pm. Told I was to get a reply in 8 mins !!! Had to put hood back together. Dinner !!! Solved the problem myself (eventually). Waste of €5. Should be refunded same on principal. Regards Pat

Ok, Sorry about the wait but when i logged on i saw your question sitting there so the experts online at the time may not have been able to help.

As to a refund that isnt an issue as you just need to contact customer service from your home page and they can sort that for you.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Thanks Daniel

Your welcome.