James
James, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

Our Lavazza Desea won't work. It switches itself on when I

Customer Question

Our Lavazza Desea won't work. It switches itself on when I plug it in and bleeps. The descaling and low water lights are on but it has been descaled and there is plenty of water.
JA: What's the brand and model of your lighting? How old is it?
Customer: Coffee machine! Lavazza Desea. Less than a year old.
JA: How long has this been going on with your lighting? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Not lighting. Coffee machine. Am I asking the wrong person? If so, apologies.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: When I descaled by mistake I used the procedure for the Jolie. Maybe I have upset the machine.
Expert:  James replied 12 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
This is James, I'm an appliance repair technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today

Sorry to hear your appliance is having issues, please stand by while I find the answer for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.

Expert:  James replied 12 days ago.

This suggests there are two separate faults, the issue with the water is most likely the float sensor in the tank isn't working give the tank a wash out with some descaler or vinegar and a good tap on the work surface as its likely the float as got stuck in the empty position, then after rinsing out and putting back see if its now not detecting issues with water.

With regard to scale this is likely a build up of scale in the system so a double concentrate descale may well solve the issue.

Should this not solve the issue as the appliance is less than a year old you should contact the warranty team and arrange a replacement since it points to a blocked\faulty boiler.