James
James, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have a kitchenaid stand mixer about 5 years old. To fix

Customer Question

Hello I have a kitchenaid stand mixer about 5 years old. To fix the whisk on it pushes up on a spring but it now doesn't seem to be able to push up and turn to fix in place. The spring will turn on it's own but the whisk now seems to turn the whole thing instead of just slotting in to the body of the machine.
JA: Do you know the model of your KitchenAid mixer?
Customer: I can find out
JA: How long has this been going on with your KitchenAid mixer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Couple of weeks. Can't really try anything
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not really
Expert:  James replied 15 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
This is James, I'm an appliance repair technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today

Sorry to hear your appliance is having issues, please stand by while I find the answer for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.
Have you tried lubricating the fixing as it suggests the mechanism may have seized so its not engaging correctly?

Expert:  James replied 15 days ago.

Depending on the model if after using some WD40 this does not solve the issue the mechanism may need to be replaced, you can find a range of spares available at the website here.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Thanks the WD40 did the trick.