James
James, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

On a de longhi perfecta the infuser is stuck in. How can it

Customer Question

On a de longhi perfecta the infuser is stuck in. How can it be released to replace
JA: What's the brand and model of your appliance? How old is it?
Customer: de longhi perfecta cappuccino and is 13 years old
JA: How long has this been going on? What have you tried so far?
Customer: happened a week ago and have tried squeezing the two red release buttons also removed the 2 visible screws
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Nothing I can think of
Expert:  James replied 16 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
This is James, I'm an appliance repair technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today

Sorry to hear your appliance is having issues, please stand by while I find the answer for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.
What is the model number of your appliance?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Sorry James the coffee machine is at work and I’m at home until Monday so will have to respond then. Thanks
Expert:  James replied 16 days ago.

Without the information requested I can only provide generic advice at this stage, but happy to elaborate once you provide the addition info.
For now I hope you may find this initial guidance useful.

When you go in on Monday take some WD40 and see if you can use this to lubricate the unit as its likely you have some coffee grounds which have congealed and seized the unit in place some WD40 should help free the unit after which you can give the unit a good clean with hot soapy water.