KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  18+ years experience as Appliance Tech.
70193065

My kenwood KID60S18 dishwasher isn’t working. Door won’t

Customer Question

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: My kenwood KID60S18 dishwasher isn’t working. Door won’t close properly and when turned on the rinse aid light shows but the program display doesn’t light up. I have tried resetting by turning off, holding the P button down and turning on again, the display shows EP 188 . The machine then seems to be doing something inside before stopping and beeping as if it’s cycle has ended.
JA: Are there any error codes or blinking lights on your Kenwood dishwasher? How old is it?
Customer: It’s 3 years old. No blinking lights, no ‘F’ codes and the display is blank unless I try to reset when it shows EP followed by 188
JA: How long has this been going on with your Kenwood dishwasher? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Tried resetting by pressing P and power button
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No, only what I’ve described above
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 10 days ago.

Good evening,

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your appliance today.

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your appliance.

I understand how frustrating that can be.

If the baskets are fine and the side rails and the door will not close then I am afraid this is due to faulty door lock.

Try cleaning the door lock and then close it bit harder, see if display will light up.

However, if the issue remains then I am afraid either the door lock and/or control board is faulty and will need replacement.

You may see automated adverts for phone support.

I am afraid, I am not available for phone call and we can continue via chat.

Please do not hesitate to ask any follow up questions.

I hope you enjoyed your experience with justanswer.co.uk today.

Have a wonderful evening.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Hi,Thanks for your reply. If it’s the control board is this something that can be replaced, or worth replacing, or should I just get a new machine??Thanks

Yes, it can be replaced, it is available for around £75 + repair charges.

You may try this as well before replacement:

You will have to unplug the appliance and pull it out, then tip it backwards by around 45 degrees so excess water drains off completely.

After you have done this, check the drain hose where it connects to house drain and make sure it is not clogged.

Then please clean the mesh filter from inside and make sure it is not blocked.

After this press each and every button on the control (one at a time).

Now, reconnect everything and plug it back; select any program.

Please let me know how it goes.

Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 9 days ago.

Thank you again for visiting justanswer.co.uk.

Please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions-I am happy to help!