Darran Wilkins
Darran Wilkins ,
Experience:  dasdasd
108849247

I have just bought a second hand liebherr side by side

I have just bought a second hand liebherr side by side fridge freezer and have an issue with the freezer.
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: let me check
JA: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: machine reset, which worked. Temperature went to -18 then after 6 hours temp alarm went off and reading displays -7
JA: Anything else you want the Equipment Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: im pretty technical and can do most things
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Just checked freezer this morning and there is a lot of frost and now the temperature is flashing - - . Did not do this yesterday, it seems really cold now though. I have switched off for now, no food in it
Customer: replied 14 days ago.

Model number(###) ###-####01

Hi guys I'm darran I'm a domestic engineer and refrigerator engineer
OK first. Thing when you got the appliance did you leave it 24 hrs upright before switching on. As during transit the compressor oil can and does move through the pipes.
Now. First the will be a build up of Frost. White. Type. This will then be regulated as the freezer process takes 24 too 36 hrs. To regulate. For a defrost if the appliance has been running for a while will require 24 to 36 hr defrost to allow not just the ice to clear but the appliance will also dry out.
The door seals also will require to be checked. Make sure they are fully sealing you can do a paper check ie A4 paper and jam it between the seal if it stays where you put it the seal suction is sufficient
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Hi Darren thanks for coming back to me. Probably left it for around an hour before turning it on!!!! It’s off now.
Last make sure the appliance is not pushed right against a wall the rear need sufficient space to cool and this effects the freezer
If all this is fine guys thermostat is faulty
Regards darran
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Ok will do the above and try again on Monday morning
Let it settle as if its turned on too quick you get an oil blockage in the pipes leading to erratic cooling. Give it 24 hrs. And turn on. Fingeresd crossed. The oil drains to the compressor and the appliance is ok. Guys if you need anything else just let me know regards darran
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Gotcha, thanks!!
Let me know how you get on and take care
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Hi Darran, I've just switched it on and I have a flashing '--' but it is getting cold. Not sure if I should do a superfrost thing or not. I can hear some noises in the background which i presume is good. Took an exciting video which i will try and upload.
The flashing is usually a warning saying its not at temp when it reaches full temp it should stop regards darran
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
ok, paid for as call if that's possible later, it is getting very cold though.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Hi Darran
Fault is back unfortunately but I think i know more if that makes sense. Alarms went off last night so freezer ran normally fro around 3-4 days. We noticed a built up of frost on the ceiling of the unit. The temperature alarm went off at -11.
I've emptied the food (back into the old chest freezer) and switched off to defrost again.
Is it worth getting the ceiling plate off and having a look underneath? Is it time to call in somebody?
Thanks again for any help!!!!!
Morning guys. Hmm sounds like a possible insulation or gassing issue if the Frost is fluffy white and building up consistently. It may be better seeking an engineer on a fixed price repair if it is gone you get I'm sure 75 percent of the charge back it may just need a top up of gas but an engineer can make sure this is fine with a pressure test and Chale the chassis etc. And insulation.
Know how and 0800 are national engineers but there will be local guys also.
Regards darran
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Cheers ***** ***** for the advice