Tim Cooke
Tim Cooke,
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
106972271

I have a radiator with a leak from the tail. The radiator

Customer Question

I have a radiator with a leak from the tail. The radiator has a drain off thermostatic valve. Can I drain the water from just this radiator
JA: What's the brand and model of your radiator? How old is it?
Customer: Don't know make etc. The radiator is about 13 years old
JA: The HVAC Technician can help you find the model number for your radiator; I'll connect you shortly. How long has this been going on with your radiator? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just a couple of days. I just turn off the valve
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Can't think of anything
Expert:  Tim Cooke replied 16 days ago.

Good evening, and welcome to the Technical section in JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will help you today.

Yes. You can simply shut off both valves, drain the radiator, and fix the leak.

Before you uncouple anything, check that the valves work by opening the vent after you've closed the valves.
_____

There's no time pressure on this topic - it will stay open to you for many days, and you can reply at any time. I will be away from my desk sometimes, but will respond as soon as I can.

You might see automated adverts for phone support. I'm not available for a phone call today, but we can continue via this Q&A topic.