James
James, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

Im replacing the oven selector switch on a Neff B1422N0GB.

Customer Question

hi, Im replacing the oven selector switch on a Neff B1422N0GB. Does the old switch pull out or do I need to take the oven out and go in from the top?
JA: Is your Neff oven gas or electric? How old is it?
Customer: Customers oven is electric and about 15 years old
JA: How long has this been going on with your Neff oven? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Basically the plastic knob broke off. Glued it back on but the switch doesn't turn
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I bought a new switch complete. Just checking how to fit it - go in from the top after taking the oven out or does the old one pull out?
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 14 days ago.

Expert:  James replied 14 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
This is James, I'm an appliance repair technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today

Sorry to hear your appliance is having issues, please stand by while I find the answer for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.

Expert:  James replied 14 days ago.

The selector switch on this model is accessed from the rear of the control panel.

With power isolated, remove the knob at the front, and unscrew the screws at on the control panel going into the selector switch.

From here the oven can be removed from the cupboard void, and then the top panel of the oven removed.

You should then be able to access the selector switch, and remove the bracket securing it in place, then just map the wiring over to the new switch.