KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  18+ years experience as Appliance Tech.
70193065

We have a Klarstein mini dish washer and been using it for 2

Customer Question

Hi, we have a Klarstein mini dish washer and been using it for 2 months. 3-4 days ago it started to stop after 10 minutes of program start. it shots down itself completely (all lights and electricity goes away) and starts itself from beginning and at the same point shots down again. I don't know what to do, try to get it repaired or buy a new one. Thanks.
JA: What's the brand and model of your dishwasher?
Customer: Klarstein mini black one but don't know the model
JA: The Appliance Technician can help you find the model number for your dishwasher; I'll connect you shortly. How long has this been going on with your dishwasher? What have you tried so far?
Customer: it has started just 3-4 days ago, I check the cable if it is loose and that's it. nothing more.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I see water inside, normally at the end of program we see no water.
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 12 days ago.

Good morning,

You have reached justanswer.co.uk, an independent paid question and answer platform that matches experts in various skills to customers.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your appliance today.

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your appliance.

I understand how frustrating that can be.

You will have to unplug the appliance and pull it out, then tip it backwards by around 45 degrees so excess water drains off completely.

After you have done this, check the drain hose where it connects to house drain and make sure it is not clogged.

Then please clean the mesh filter from inside and make sure it is not blocked.

Now, reconnect everything and plug it back; select any program.

It should work however, if the problem occurs again get back to me and I will assist you further.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Hi, I pulled it and tip backwards 45 degrees but water didn't drain. checked the pipes, they seem ok to me. filter is cleaned. but I had a smell and check the plug, please see the attached photo, I think it is electrical problem. what do you advice me to do?

OK the plug is burned and will need replacement.

You may also want to check why the plug burned.

I hope this helps, please do not hesitate to ask any follow up questions.

I hope you enjoyed your experience with justanswer.co.uk today.

Have a wonderful day.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I am planning to open the back cover and replace the cable according to colours. Do you advise that?

I do not have the wiring diagram however, you may click pictures of the cable and then yes you can replace it.

It depends on your DIY skills.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
It might have burnt because of extension cables maybe. I will replace with a longer cable and won't use any extension. Let me open the back cover and see if I can replace it.

OK, if there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Cheers