James
James, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have a Siemens dishwasher, probably 5+ years old (it came

Customer Question

Hi, I have a Siemens dishwasher, probably 5+ years old (it came with the house we bought 3 yrs ago). I washes very badly, leaving food on a lot of the dishes, even after an intense wash. Does it need a service or do you have advice? Thanks.
JA: Do you know the model of your Siemens dishwasher?
Customer: I've got lots of numbers from the reg plate. Here is the E-Nr: SN26M892GB/B3
JA: How long has this been going on with your Siemens dishwasher? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Getting worse over the last year, but was never great. We used it every day during lockdown so has had heavy use
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I have other numbers on the plate - I can write them if you need.
Expert:  James replied 18 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
This is James, I'm an appliance repair technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today

Sorry to hear your appliance is having issues, please stand by while I find the answer for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.
If you stop the wash mid cycle is the water hot, and are dishes dry at the end of the program?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Hi James, I think the water is hot all the way through - the plates are hot and steaming at the end. They're mostly dry, mostly the cutlery is damp but everything else mainly dry.
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
File attached (L32P3T7)
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
That's the model
Expert:  James replied 18 days ago.

Where we are confident detergent is being dispensed water is hot, water pumped out at the end of the program and filter located in the base clean this only leaves a problem with the circulation pump.

As such its likely the water is not being pumped at sufficient pressure for the spray arms to rotate and wash debris off the plats in the dishwasher.

You can arrange a repair using a firm such as here