James
James, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

My Aromafresh still grinds the beans, but has stopped

Customer Question

My Aromafresh still grinds the beans, but has stopped pouring water through the filter. Why?
JA: What's the brand and model of your appliance? How old is it?
Customer: Melita Aromafresh Type1021. Bought Dec 2018
JA: How long has this been going on? What have you tried so far?
Customer: First noticed yesterday. Tried disconnecting in case timer set by mistake. Also run with water & no beans. Hotplate is cold
JA: What's the brand and model of your hot plate? How old is it?
Customer: I am talking about the baseplate in the machine
JA: How long has this been going on with your hot plate? What have you tried so far?
Customer: This may be a red herring - e.g. would the baseplate heat up when descaling? What I have done is essentially a descaling.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 11 days ago.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Sorry this is a problem. Yes, please continue the search.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 8 days ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I have a text massage on my phone which cannot pick it up. Can you please send to my email
Expert:  canuck the pro replied 6 days ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I have been in the home improvement and repair field for 20 years. I will be very glad to help you today.

The issue is likely a failed solenoid that will have to be replaced.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

I am sorry to say that I am not going to be available for a phone call but we certainly can continue communication through the chat. Are you planning on repairing this yourself?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Is the technician able to email me at***@******.***?

No sorry. We are not permitted to share personal information.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I would like to try to do the repair myself - I have a soldering iron! Can you tell me how to get at the solenoid?

Unfortunately I cannot find a diagram of it so I can't exactly tell you. I will have to opt out and open to other experts. I will not see any of your replies once I opt out so if there is not response it is not because you are being ignored. It is just that I will no longer get notifications after the opt out. Please don't hesitate to request me for future questions. You can add me to your favorites from the "My Questions" page and if you start the question with words "For canuck the pro" then that will request me. I surely want to be your go to expert. Maybe I can tell you some household things that might be helpful. How to flush your water heater, maintain your dishwasher or really anything else that would be helpful to you.

Expert:  James replied 6 days ago.

I see the previous expert has opted, the fault points to a blockage caused by a build up of scale, most likely induced where the appliance was put on a  descale cycle using just water has caused the scale to prevent water passing all togehter.

You can arrange a repair by contacting the service centre on 0800(###) ###-####/p>