James
James, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have a Thetford dual fuel cooker CK13000 and the back

I have a Thetford dual fuel cooker CK13000 and the back right burner does not stay lit. I have changed the thermocouple and using multi meter checked out the glass door cut off mechanism (4 contact) switch and that all works, and continuity from this switch (red wires) to its next connection ok.Also from this back right burner the black cable from (4contact switch) to the back right burner knob adjoining the manifold has continuity.Now lost what else to do or what might be wrong
JA: Who makes your thermocouple? How old is it?
Customer: It is original Thetford spare just bought SSPA0672
JA: How long has this been going on with your thermocouple? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I explained in first message replaced thermocouple, eliminated glass door (4 contact switch) that works fine and operates with door approx half closed, also continuity from T/couple to 4 contact switch good and then continuity from said switch black leads to the connector at back of burner knob on the manifold
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Only that electric plate is good two front gas plates light and stay lit and go out correctly if glass lid is moved to closed, grill and oven works fine, full gas bottles and good pressure

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
i will wait some more
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
will wait

Where the appliance has had a new thermocouple but not staying lit this point to a fault on the gas valve, the unit should be taken to a Thetford service centre here, as works to these units are not suitable for DIY.

James, Handyman
Experience: I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.