James
James, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have a Diedietrich induction hob which is about 10 years

Customer Question

I have a Diedietrich induction hob which is about 10 years old . Still works fine but it has started beeping when some liquid goes onto the hob . Is it possible to turn this beeping function off permanently and if so how do I do so ?
JA: Is your hob gas or electric?
Customer: electric
JA: How long has this been going on with your hob? What have you tried so far?
Customer: a few weeks . I can turn it off at the mains which sorts it but wanted to try and turn the beeping function off permanently
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Expert:  James replied 15 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
This is James, I'm an appliance repair technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today

Sorry to hear your appliance is having issues, please stand by while I find the answer for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.
What is the model number of your appliance?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I also have a Whirlpool fridge freezer which is about 10 years old which again works fine but the ice cube dispenser keeps freezing up the water intake so stops producing ice . I can fix it by defrosting but then it does the same again . How do I fix for good ?
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Here’s a picture of it - can’t find any model number - where would I find it as I don’t have a manual ?
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Sorry - can’t seem to attach a picture to this message
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Hello - is anyone there ?
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Model number of Whirlpool fridge freezer is 853448801010
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Serial no SJ493826
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
You’ve gone silent - please respond
Expert:  James replied 15 days ago.

This is not an immediate service I am afraid, it can take time for experts to respond, as they will need time to go away and look into the fault, but we do try and respond as soon as possible.

Where your freezer ice machine keeps frosting up this suggests the appliance is probably getting alot of frost build up due to a poor door seal so worth checking the door seal.

As you do not know the model number of your DeDietrich hob I can only provide a general answer which is where the appliance has a safty feature such as to detect pans boiling over there is no way to turn off this feature.