KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  18+ years experience as Appliance Tech.
70193065

I have a hotpoint built in oven in my house, just moved in,

Customer Question

Hello?
JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I have a hotpoint built in oven in my house, just moved in, but the model number is ***** It sometimes works and sometimes won’t turn on but without knowing the model I don’t know how to work it, or if it’s faulty. If I take a photo can you help?
JA: Is your Hotpoint oven gas or electric? How old is it?
Customer: Electric. Not sure of age as it was in the house when I moved in. It’s very small.
JA: How long has this been going on with your Hotpoint oven? What have you tried so far?
Customer: About a month off and on. The element has been replaced. It may just be the buttons/controls but I don’t know.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No, If I could take a pic and get the model no. That might help me. The sticker with model is missing.
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 15 days ago.

Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 14 days ago.

Good afternoon,

You have reached justanswer.co.uk, an independent paid question and answer platform that matches experts in various skills to customers.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your appliance today.

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your appliance.

I understand how frustrating that can be.

I am afraid, this indicates an issue with the oven temperature sensor (thermostat) that is faulty and will need replacement.

When this is faulty oven suffers from uneven cooking or will not heat at all.

I hope this helps, please do not hesitate to ask any follow up questions.

I hope you enjoyed your experience with justanswer.co.uk today.

Have a wonderful day.