James
James, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I can’t get my top tray back in the dishwasher - i, hotpoint

Customer Question

I can’t get my top tray back in the dishwasher - i
JA: What's the brand and model of your dishwasher? How old is it?
Customer: hotpoint about 6 years old
JA: How long has this been going on with your Hotpoint dishwasher? What have you tried so far?
Customer: it seems that the (on the right side) the wheel can’t get over the other wheel (if that makes sense)
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no - i could take a photo but not sure how to send to you
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I was trying to send a photo but not sure if you received it/
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
It looks like you have
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 17 days ago.

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 15 days ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Expert:  James replied 13 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! This is James, I'm an appliance repair technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today

I see the previous expert has opted out.

Start by pulling the the ends caps off the telescopic arms, and pull the entire upper basket out and inspect the wheels and assembly for damage.

Once complete put the basket back into the telescopic arm and check its running up and down with the bottom basket removed.

This should show if there is a damaged wheel or broken part of the arm which is causing the fault.