KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  18+ years experience as Appliance Tech.
70193065

Where can I source replacement cooker hood filters for my 12

Customer Question

Where can I source replacement cooker hood filters for my 12 year old Rangemaster cookerhood?
JA: Do you know the model of your Rangemaster appliance?
Customer: The model number is ***** the hood and I am struggling to see it or take a photo of it!
JA: How long has this been going on with your Rangemaster appliance? What have you tried so far?
Customer: The filters, aluminium I think, have lost their absorbency and keep shedding small particles of metal when washed. The hood/filter panels are 12 years old.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Should I send a photo of the hood and the panels if this would be of any help? We bought the hood when we lived in the UK and the address we had then was***** Eckington, North Derbyshire. We brought it to Ireland and installed it new in our current house.
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 12 days ago.

Good morning,

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your appliance today.

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your appliance.

I understand how frustrating that can be.

To help me better assist you, please provide its complete model number and/or the serial number.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Easier said than done. The appliance model and number are inside the cooker hood. I have taken a photo but it is very blurred.

OK, I understand however, without the information requested in my previous response, I can only give you a general answer, but I hope this helps.

You may click here to order the filter.

I hope this helps, please do not hesitate to ask any follow up questions.

I hope you enjoyed your experience with justanswer.co.uk today.

Have a wonderful day.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
No, I am not paying that amount.I will make more effort to stick my head inside the appliance while balancing on a stool and hovering over a ceramic hob. I thought that the details I gave the first person with my original address in the UK may have helped track the original order. Thank you for your time. I only wanted to know where to buy Rangemaster accredited filter replacements. What a convuluted experience. I will not be pursuing this query any further

The URL was sent to you to place order for your filter.

Every appliance is different hence, it is provided by a model number.

A universal filter will not work that is the reason I asked for the model number which is available even in the user manual.

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Cheers