James
James, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

Have old lift master 400 gate system opens and close using

Customer Question

Have old lift master 400 gate system opens and close using buttons inside control box won’t work with remote plus remote needs programming
JA: How old is your Liftmaster appliance?
Customer: 20 years old
JA: How long has this been going on with your Liftmaster appliance? What have you tried so far?
Customer: it was not used for a while but has had fault for he last week
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: have changed batteries in remote but still will not program
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 15 days ago.

Expert:  oleksandrav-mod replied 13 days ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Oleksandra-Moderator
Expert:  James replied 11 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! This is James, I'm an appliance repair technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today

Where the remotes are no longer working you need to refer to the install manual which came with the gate system and that will explain once new batteries have been fitted in the remotes how to pair \ learn the remotes to the main system.

Where you need to adjust the gate mechanism open and closed position the manual will also explain what buttons to press to set this.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
If I had the manual I would no be asking your company how do you reprogram the remote on a 20 year old lift master 400 it work ok using the buttons in control box but not using the remote so I presume that if I can reprogram the remote everything will be ok.
Expert:  James replied 9 days ago.

You will need a service engineer to attend then as it would need to be done by look and feel.