James
James, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I just carried out my first descaling of a EN550BM. All OK

Customer Question

I just carried out my first descaling of a EN550BM. All OK until item 10 when rinsing water should exit from coffeee outlet, descaling pipe and drip tray but it only cmae out of the coffee outlet. I think it could be damgerous to use the machine with descaling liquid possibly retained.
JA: Who makes your appliance? How old is it?
Customer: DeLonghi model EN550.BM, 15 months old.
JA: How long has this been going on with your Delonghi appliance? What have you tried so far?
Customer: This was the first necessry descaling because indicatot light had come on. I have not tried any alternative descaling method.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Is it dangerous or poisonous to not use the frothy milk part of the machine and just use the machine for black coffee
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 15 days ago.

Expert:  oleksandrav-mod replied 13 days ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Oleksandra-Moderator
Expert:  James replied 11 days ago.

Sorry to hear your appliance is having issues, please stand by while I find the answer for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.

Expert:  James replied 11 days ago.

Where water is not rinsing correctly and venting as suggest int he manual this would point to a possible hardware vault on the valve.

Your model comes with a 2 year warranty which is covered by Delonghi, so would suggest you get the machine booked in for repair, they will collect it take it to the service centre and replace the faulty valve.

Please go here to book it in.