Erdal Zal
Erdal Zal,
106347225

I have a flashing red light on my Sharp Smart Aquos Tv,

Customer Question

I have a flashing red light on my Sharp Smart Aquos Tv
JA: Do you know the model of your Sharp lighting? How old is it?
Customer: Sharp Smart LED TV Aquos 40 inch
JA: How long has this been going on with your Sharp lighting? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just today.. only use it occasionally had it 10 months
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: i have tried scrolling on the Apps/Source/Settings etc.. it won’t let me I imagine it is to do with the flashing red light
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 17 days ago.

Good Evening

Welcome to JustAnswer and thank you for your question. My name is***** am an expert from Germany and have been working as an equipment technician for 19 years. I work with a language translation program and I would be very grateful for your understanding.
I'm sorry I can't make a call, but another expert can do it for you if you want. I will try to help you as best I can via chat.
I am sorry that you faced this problem!

Can you explain your mistake to me in more detail? Can you still turn on the television? Is the standby LED glowing red? I need more information so that I can best help you. It could be that the mainboard is faulty or malfunctioning. If you want to reset it, you have to do this here: switch off the device for at least 1 hour. Also turn off the power supply from the TV for 1 hour. Turn it on for 1 hour and try it out.

Please feel free to continue this topic if you have any further questions. I would be very happy to help you!
With best regards,
Erdal

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Good Evening.. The TV is on it is just flashing red at the bottom constantly. I can watch Freeview etc.. can’t scroll through Settings/source etc.. it is almost like there is a button pressed in on the controller if that makes sense? Thanks Jon.
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 17 days ago.

Okay, I think it's just a glitch. Please do what I suggested and then write me a message again.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Will do. Thank you
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 17 days ago.

Please good luck

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Hi Erdal
I have done what you have suggested and it is still doing the same.
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 17 days ago.

Okay, then I'm really very sorry, but either the remote control is no longer in order or the mainboard on the device or in the TV is defective. Please add that again: disconnect all external plugs from the TV. And then switch off the TV and wait for at least 1 hour before disconnecting the power supply again. After 1 hour, just try to switch on the TV and try it out.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Hi... I have tried this morning. Still flashing and unable to change apps/source/settings etc as cannot scroll. Is there a way I manually change source on this model?
I have ordered another remote for the TV.
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 17 days ago.

Neh Manuel it is very difficult. You have to change it with remote control. First try to do it with the remote control with the new one and then write me a message.