Erdal Zal
Erdal Zal,
106347225

I have a Siemens Hob, and all the lights a flashing. No

Customer Question

Hi I have a Siemens Hob, and all the lights a flashing. No error message, it’s just a -
JA: Is your Siemens hob gas or electric? How old is it?
Customer: Electric, and 10 years old
JA: How long has this been going on with your Siemens hob? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It’s happening everyday since last 3 days.. and I tried the lock key.. hold on for 10 sec, the lock sign came.. but still did not switch on
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Nothing else
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 6 days ago.

Good Morning

Welcome to JustAnswer and thank you for your question. My name is***** am an expert from Germany and have been working as an equipment technician for 19 years. I work with a language translation program and I would be very grateful for your understanding.
I'm sorry I can't make a call, but another expert can do it for you if you want. I will try to help you as best I can via chat.
I am sorry that you faced this problem!

If the hob no longer reacts and only you get this - then there is a very high probability that the control electronics are defective or malfunctioning. Did you have a short circuit at home before? Please try to reset the device once: really switch off the power supply for 10 minutes. Then switch on the power supply for 1 minute. And then immediately switch off the power supply again for 10 minutes. If it does not work afterwards, the device must be opened and the control board checked. It is possible that electrolytic capacitors are defective on the control circuit board.

Please feel free to continue this topic if you have any further questions. I would be very happy to help you!
With best regards,
Erdal

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
We did not have any short circuit
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
This the light which is flashing
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
main power supply - u mean of the house? Or just the HoB?
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 6 days ago.

OK, I have understood that. As I said, perform the double shutdown once.

You only have to switch off the power supply to the hob. Either via the wall switch if you have one or you have to find the power supply to the hob at the house power box and also do what I have written for you.