Darran Wilkins
Darran Wilkins ,
Experience:  dasdasd
108849247

Have an indesit washing machine, door lock is continually

Customer Question

Have an indesit washing machine, door lock is continually powered up 238 volts even though the machines off button is off, only way to open door is unplug, plug is behind the machine, awkward!
JA: Is your Indesit washer top or front loading? How old is it?
Customer: front loader about 7 years old, I think the lock is working correctly as if allowed to cool down it works i.e. unplugged
JA: How long has this been going on with your Indesit washer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: started this morning, wife came down to the kitchen and lights were flashing on the panel
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I have a certain amount of electrical experience and can tell you waht the plug to the lock shows
Expert:  Darran Wilkins replied 10 days ago.
Guys I'm darran I'm a domestic engineer and refrigerator engineer your main board has failed thus sending power to the interlock continuously. You will need to change the main pcb and door interlock with the serial and industrial number these are on the stuck on door rim you can get the part from espares. Com. Guys hope this helps. Regards darran
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Why would the interlock need changing, it appears to be working correctly