Erdal Zal
Erdal Zal,
106347225

My Haier fridgefreezer stopped working how can I get it work

Customer Question

My Haier fridgefreezer stopped working how can I get it work again thank you
JA: Do you know the model of your Haier appliance? How old is it?
Customer: It's about 5 years old it's metallic grey the model is hrf 521ds6 that's what it's says on the back panel
JA: How long has this been going on with your Haier appliance? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Since this moring i disconnected from the mains and tryed to get it going from the buttons on the door panel
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Will I plug it back in and see what happens
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 10 days ago.

Good Afternoon

Welcome to JustAnswer and thank you for your question. My name is***** am an expert from Germany and have been working as an equipment technician for 19 years. I work with a language translation program and I would be very grateful for your understanding.
I'm sorry I can't make a call, but another expert can do it for you if you want. I will try to help you as best I can via chat.
I am sorry that you faced this problem!

Please describe to me exactly what is not working on the device. Could it still turn on? Do you see the lights? I need more information so that I can best help you. You may have problems with the power supply. But it can also be that the thermostat or the control electronics are faulty.

Please feel free to continue this topic if you have any further questions. I would be very happy to help you!
With best regards,
Erdal

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
The fridge and freezer have stopped working completely and the lights have also turned off completely. We've tried turning it on and off and changing the controls, nothing is working.
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 10 days ago.

Okay, if it can no longer be switched on, then you have problems with your power supply. Have you checked the socket and the fuse on the plug?

I cannot do the telephone service I wrote to you as well. As soon as another expert accepts your request, they will be more than happy to call you. I can still help via the chat.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
ibe checked the socket and fuse, the fridge turns on it just is not freezing.
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 10 days ago.

Okay, if you shut it down, for example, you would normally have to wait 12-24 hours for the coolant to flow down. After 12-24 hours, you can switch the appliance on again and then press the super button or super freeze button to speed up the cooling process. It also takes at least 4-6 hours for the correct temperature to be reached.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Okay, but this doesn't explain the initial problem. It stopped freezing even though it hasn't been turned off at this point. I understand it make take 24 from now but initially it just stopped working.
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 10 days ago.

The compressor may have failed because it overheated. It may be that the room was just too warm or that the temperature sensor was faulty or malfunctioned. Depending on age and use, such malfunctions may occur. To know in detail 100 percent what is wrong, you should have it professionally tested with a multimeter. I can give you suggestions on how to get it running again. If it is not defective, it will work if you follow my suggestion.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Okay yes, if you can give me so.e suggestions and from there we can see is it is defective.
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 10 days ago.

No, I cannot see what is defective. I can only suggest how to get it running normally so that it works again. Please also check if you have enough distance from the wall. It could also be that there is too much ice build-up in the unit and that the fan can no longer turn. If you switch off the appliance for 12-24 hours, you can also let it defrost and try to restart it. To know 100 per cent what is defective, it must be checked. I can only make suggestions.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
We've removed it away from the wall completely to no avail, is there any other suggestions you can make or where we can go from here ?
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 10 days ago.

If you have cleaned the unit properly and done what I suggested and it still doesn't work, then we definitely have a faulty component. It could be that the thermostat, fan or compressor has failed. Normally when you turn it on you should hear the fan working. If you also open and close the door in between, the fan should turn on for 5-10 minutes and be audible. If you don't hear this either, then one of the benefits is definitely defective. I can give you a phone number where you can book a repair.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
if you could give us the phone number rha tg would be great.
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 10 days ago.

Here is the free phone number to call Pants to book the repair appointment.

0333(###) ###-####/p>

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Is that a republic of Ireland number because we live in dublin ireland
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 10 days ago.

here is the telephone number for Ireland.

01(###) ###-####/p>

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I will leave it unplugged from the mains for 12 hours and see will it come back on I will also try the phone number u gave me and see if a fitter can look at it I'll keep in touch with u thanks for your help
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 10 days ago.

Yes, please try it out. You can always write me a message again. I am always at your disposal. You can write me another message tomorrow if you like.