KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  18+ years experience as Appliance Tech.
70193065

Tricity bendix Sb200 Tiara. The oven wont switch off,

Tricity bendix Sb200 Tiara. The oven wont switch off
JA: Is your oven gas or electric? How old is it?
Customer: Electric
JA: How long has this been going on with your oven? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Tried nothing
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Hi there, my oven wont switch off and will heat to max temp when the main electr switch is on (the red switch on the wall) despite the oven regulator on 0 (switched off). Is there an obvious reason for this please? Regards Petr

Good afternoon Petr,

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your appliance today.

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your appliance.

I understand how frustrating that can be.

By won't switch off do you mean the fan keeps on running continuously or the oven keeps on heating ?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Hello Kevin, thanks for coming back to me. There is no a fan on this model. The oven heats up despite the oven switvh is off (on 0).

Have you left it unplugged for around 30 minutes then plug it back and reset the clock ?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Its been off the electricity. There is no clock!? Can you please check the model we speak about. Thanks

OK, I am afraid either the selector switch and/or thermostat is faulty and will need replacement.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Selector switch does mean regulator please?! The thermostat and regulator are two different things right? Apologies for the ignorance. I'll order them

Yes, those are two different things, selector switch is located right behind the regulator.

If that is faulty it won't work.

Please let me know how it goes.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Selector switch plus regulator... I'm sorry is regulator and thermostat the same thing? Thank you very much
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Any chance you could advice me specifically on part numbers please?

Why do you think it is the regulator ?

Please check this IMAGE (part#20 is the thermostat).

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thank you. Is that the part I need to order along with the selector switch? I thought the main regulator plays part of the temperature. I just confused about parts names.Thank you

Are you willing to carry out replacement yourself ?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I thought. Would you advice to start with thermostat or the selector switch?

OK, you can test the thermostat with a multi-meter for continuity.

If it reads open circuit replace it.

If the thermostat tests fine then check the regular and selector switch.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Now thats what I can an advice. I got the multimeter, only never used it. I'll do exactly that. Many thanks!!
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I call I meant. Thank you

I am glad, I could help.

You're welcome and Good Luck.

Cheers

I hope this helps, please do not hesitate to ask any follow up questions.

I hope you enjoyed your experience with justanswer.co.uk today.

Have a wonderful day.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Hi there, it was the oven thermostat which was burned. I ordered a new part. It is located just behind the switch (it is tge switch actually). Is that what you meant with the selector switch!?

Yes that is correct.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Perfect. Could I please ask another question? I'm having an overheating plug on my oil heatr (see pictures). It already destroyed (burned) two sockets in the wall and one extension cable. Works you please advice me what to do about it?!

If you have already tried to replace the plug fuse then try replacing the plug and see if that helps.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
1. what could the reason for the over heating be?
2. Is the 13A plug fuse appropriate for a use on a 3kw heater in a home wall socket?!
3. The plug is sealed with a cable, if replacing, what is the appropriate part for this heater pleas? Including lenght and precise type please.

Well, I usually do not deal much in heaters however, bad fuse can cause it to overheat.

For everything else, please post another question here on JA and someone may help or contact your local electrician.

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Cheers

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Fair enough, thank you

You are very welcome.