James
James, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

We got a really lovely black Blanco kitchen 1.5 sink +

Hello. We got a really lovely black Blanco kitchen 1.5 sink + draining board in early 2005. I love it BUT sadly the bottom of the sink now looks the worse for wear. Is there anything we can do to improve it please?
JA: Do you know the model of your Blanco? Have you talked to a plumber yet?
Customer: no and no
JA: How long has this been going on with your Blanco sink? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Tried ignoring it! It’s really been going down hill the last couple of years.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I love to recycle. I’d rather pay to fix than replace.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I have been in the home improvement and repair field for 20 years. I will be very glad to help you today.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Hello Mike!
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I’m Erica. Do you see my question and the trail from the Blanco lady above?

Hi Erica! So I will say that you can refinish the sink or have it refinished. The resurface kits are not exactly meant for plastic surfaces but the reason for that is just because if a sink has movement in it then the surface will not last. The movement will make the finish crack. If you push down on the sink inside does it move at all?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I have now looked up the invoice from Jan 2005. It is a Blanco Blancoaxia 6S in the colour Anthracite.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
It’s as solid as a rock Mike - no movement at all.

As long as there is no movement at all then you can refinish it. Are you going to do it yourself? I think the colors available are limited but really I have only bought the ones off the shelf. I have always refinished them to be white. It comes out like porcelain.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Well - my husband will. He’s very “can do” - as long as he doesn’t have to deal with people - ha ha. (I do that part). (He’s an engineer)
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Wow - so you have to re-do the whole unit then?
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Hmmm. So does it need a specialist? Happy to go with a specialist if necessary to do so.

Oh no. An engineer can't do it.... (just kidding) What color are you thinking?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Anthracite. Like it as it is!
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Helloooo? Are you still there?

Sorry. I have reached out to some vendors but have not heard back. I surely will when I have more info.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Great. Thanks! look forward to hearing from you.

You're welcome.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Actually. Would you kindly put the spec of the product in the chat please? Many thanks.

I will forward all information when I have it.

I am sorry to say that I was unable to locate anything. I will opt out and open to other experts.

I see the expert has opted out.

The make of sink you have (Blanco Blancoaxia 6S) is not really something which can be reconditioned, as its not a high finish \ gloss so any attempt to sand the unit down would change the unit all together.

Secondly Blanco do not offer a colour match so you would need to get something made up specifically, and in reality I think you would find it would cost around £100 and 6-8 hours of effort to get something which would have a different finish in to the drain board, and will then easily mark and scratch as your unable to apply the finish in a factory environment.

So other than using cleaning agents and something like T-Cut or rubbing compound gently around the effected areas I would say there is nothing you can really do to improve the cosmetics of it.

James, Handyman
Experience: I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thanks James - appreciate you picking this up. I note what you say. For the time being we’ll probably live with it a bit longer. Thank you. Erica