KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  18+ years experience as Appliance Tech.
70193065

We have a lindo 300 dryer (no digital display on it), it is

Hi, my name is***** have a lindo 300 dryer (no digital display on it), it is not heating up and shortly after the cycle begins the play button flashes red. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
JA: What's the brand and model of your dryer? How old is it?
Customer: zanussi lindo300 zdc8202p 6 years old
JA: How long has this been going on with your Zanussi dryer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: started yesterday, tried nothing yet
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no

Good morning,

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your appliance today.

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your appliance.

I understand how frustrating that can be.

Lets see if we can get an error code.

Please try this:

Press and hold the START button and button towards the left of it together.

Keep them held in and after a few seconds you will see START button with flash RED and then will flash GREEN/ORANGE

Please count number of RED flashes and then count number of ORANGE flashes and let me know.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Hi, I think 5 red flashes but might be 6 and 3 orange flashes

Please count again and provide exact error code as 5 or 6 are reporting two different fault codes.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I have tryed but the machine flashes through all lights then one orange and one red, and continues this cycle continously

Please leave it unplugged for around 10 minutes then try again.

Good morning,
Without the information requested in my previous response, I can only give you a general answer, but I hope this helps.

E63 (6 red and 3 orange flashes) indicates a fault with thermostat on the heating element and the heating element will need replacement.

E53 (5 red and 3 orange flashes) indicates a fault with motor triac hence, the control board will need replacement.

However, as the issue is heating so I believe it is E63 fault that your appliance is reporting.

I hope this helps, please do not hesitate to ask any follow up questions.
I hope you enjoyed your experience with justanswer.co.uk today.
Have a wonderful day.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
OK thank you, ***** ***** be E63 as machine runs but no heat, I tried on numerous occasions to get the error code again by unplugging for 10, 20 and 30 mins and still the cycle of flashining lights as before. I will try changing heating element. Thanks

I am glad, I could help.

You're welcome and Good Luck.

Cheers