canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Plumber
Experience:  Plumber
64367226

Our fridgefreezer is about 6years old the last few weeks we

Our fridgefreezer is about 6years old the last few weeks we have had a nasty smell when we open the door, dispite cleaning it throughly inside and out it still persists, any ideas?
JA: What's the brand and model of your appliance?
Customer: Hotpoint First Edition
JA: How long has this been going on with your Hotpoint appliance? What have you tried so far?
Customer: about a month we have put neat bleach,spray bleach and drain cleaner down the hole at the back
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: we cant think of anything its when we open the door but it doesnt smell inside the fridge or freezer

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I have been in the home improvement and repair field for 20 years. I will be very glad to help you today.

The smell is likely coming from dusty and damp components in the compressor compartment and dust buildup on the coils. If you brush the coils with a coil brush and clean out the dust buildup that should solve the issue.